Friday, May 19, 2017

Kelli’s Quill Newsletter - Early Summer Issue


Greetings! It’s hard to believe that summer is just around the corner. Time flies, doesn’t it? 

In this issue of the Quill, I’m reflecting on the theme of “time flies” and taking a look back at my romances, sharing links to guest blogs and interviews, and answering a few FAQ in the Kelli’s Corner writing section. Let’s get started!


A Look Back…

Believe it or not, Amber Quill Press closed a little more than a year ago. Since then, I’ve re-edited, revised, and re-released several of my AQP romances. To date, eleven titles have been published on Amazon, B&N, iTunes, and other platforms. Here’s the list:

A Deceptive Match*
A Most Unusual Princess** 
A Most Intriguing Temptation**
A Most Unfortunate Prince**
A Secret Match*
Confessions of a Vampire’s Lover 
Killer in Wolf’s Clothing
Loving a Wild Stranger
Midsummer Night’s Delights***
Midwinter Night’s Delights***
Ultimate Night’s Delights***

* A Deceptive Match and A Secret Match are related titles with shared characters. However, each novel can be read separately.

** These titles make up the Royal Desires series. Although connected, each book stands alone as an individual read.
*** These novellas complete the Naughty Nobles trilogy. It is recommended that they are read in sequence.
Visit my website (www.KelliWilkins.com) or Amazon author page (www.amazon.com/author/kelliwilkins) to read complete book summaries, reviews, and excerpts.

Special thanks to Eve Grinnell (www.grinnellgraphics.com) for creating these fantastic new covers!



What’s Ahead?

You might be wondering… what about the rest of your AQP books? Well, plans are in the works to re-release three of my contemporary romances (Four Days with Jack, Beauty & the Bigfoot, and Trust with Hearts) later this year or in early in 2018. Stay tuned to my blog and social media for updates.


Attack of the Blogs!

I’ve been blogging like mad! Follow these links to read “inside looks” at the making of my romances, catch up on interviews, and get some writing advice.

Read about the making of the Naughty Nobles trilogy. Each post includes an excerpt.

Midsummer Night’s Delights:

Midwinter Night’s Delights:

Ultimate Night’s Delights:

Read a fun chat with Julian from the Naughty Nobles trilogy:

Like your romances HOT? Find out how to Spice up Romances with Menage:
http://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/2017/03/guest-author-day-with-kelli-wilkins_27.html

Learn about my historical/pioneer romance, Loving a Wild Stranger:

Read an interview with Luther, the hero from Loving a Wild Stranger:

Don’t miss my guest blog about writing historical romances: http://beverleybateman.blogspot.ca/2017/01/on-genres-with-kelli-wilkins.html

Romance lovers… read an excerpt from my historical/paranormal, The Viking’s Witch
https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/the-vikings-witch-by-kwilkinsauthor-is-a-historicalromance-gem-books-amreading/


Read an interview with Rothgar, the hero from The Viking’s Witch: http://bookreviewsbylynn.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/guest-blog-book-promo-vikings-witch-by.html

Get ready for a hot summer romance with Confessions of a Vampire’s Lover:
http://dbaileycoach.com/brightbooks/2017/04/inside-look-confessions-vampires-lover/

Catch my BOOK CLUB FRIDAY interview. I talk about the writing process, creating characters, and more!
http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.com/2017/04/book-club-friday-guest-author-kelli.html



Check out Kelli’s NOR Author Tip of the Week:
https://www.nightowlreviews.com/v5/Blog/Articles/Author-Tip-Of-The-Week



Kelli’s Corner…

In this issue, Kelli’s Corner shares a few FAQ from readers and interviewers.

Most authors write in one romance genre, but your books cover a lot of different genres and heat levels, why? Which genre or genres do you prefer to write?
I write romances in nearly every genre (historical, fantasy, contemporary, paranormal, and gay) at all heat levels. Some of my romances are mild (Loving a Wild Stranger) and others are super-sizzling hot (Killer in Wolf’s Clothing). I feel drawn to historicals, but I’m not “married” to the genre. If I’m inspired to write a character’s story, I go where and when the idea takes me. That could be in any time period, in any setting, and in any genre.

Although I’ve written several historicals, they all have different settings. For example, Loving a Wild Stranger takes place in the wilds of the Michigan Territory in the early 1820s; Lies, Love & Redemption is a western set in 1877 Nebraska; Dangerous Indenture takes place in Pennsylvania Colony, and The Viking’s Witch is set in 804 in Scotland. Setting books in the different locations and time periods lets me explore plot ideas and create unique characters for those settings.


What prompted you to write in the genres you do?
I like reading about history, watching historical movies, and visiting historical places, so all that plays a part in my interest in writing historical romances. I enjoy researching what life was like hundreds of years ago and learning about how people lived, what they ate, and how they survived in different time periods. I incorporate this information into my stories and use details to flesh out the characters and settings.


What obstacles do you have to overcome to begin creating your work?
I don’t have many obstacles when it comes to outlining, writing, or revising a book, but finding enough time to do all that can be challenging. Writing a book is a time-consuming process. Authors need to set aside time every day (even if it’s just an hour) to work on a writing project, and sometimes finding the time to write (while still having a non-writing life) can be hard. 


What gets your creative juices flowing?
A great idea will always inspire me to grab a pen and paper and start writing! Sometimes I’ll see or hear something that sparks an idea and that will give me the basis for an entire book. Of course, once I’m writing a book, the characters and the story keep my creative juices flowing. Even though I plot out my books and have a good idea of what’s going to happen next, every once in a while my characters will surprise me and take things in a different direction.


I hope you enjoyed this early summer issue of the Quill. Why not visit my Amazon page and add a few of my romances to your summer reading list?

I welcome questions or comments from readers and other authors, so feel free to contact me. Be sure to follow my blog for the latest updates and visit me on social media. 

Here’s a quick list of where to find me:

Website: http://www.KelliWilkins.com
Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/HVQqb

Enjoy the early summer weather!

Kelli



No comments:

Post a Comment