Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Kelli’s Quill - Late Summer Issue





Kelli’s Quill
Late Summer Issue

Hi everyone! It’s hard to believe that the summer season is winding down, and autumn is just around the corner. In this issue of the Quill, I’m announcing the release of my new romance, Trust with Hearts, sharing excellent reviews for Loving a Wild Stranger, links, and more! Let’s get started!

New Romance Release
My contemporary romance novel, Trust with Hearts is a steamy romance about a sexy country music singer. Here’s the book summary & links:


TRUST WITH HEARTS

After a bitter breakup, Sherrie Parker seeks refuge at her cousin Dave’s house in rural West Virginia. Early one morning, she runs into Dave’s other houseguest, a singer named Curtis Taylor. The last thing Sherrie wants is to share living quarters with a country music crooner – even if he is sexy, in a cowboy sort of way.

Thrown together by circumstances, Sherrie and Curtis get off to a rocky start, but soon discover they have more in common than they ever imagined. Unable to fight their growing attraction, they give in to their desires and start a sizzling summer romance.

Everything is perfect between them until Sherrie discovers that Curtis is keeping secrets from her – and his biggest secret of all will change everything. Can their newfound love survive, or will destiny keep them apart forever?

Order your copy here:








4 Stars for Loving a Wild Stranger…

My historical romance Loving a Wild Stranger got two excellent reviews.

Publisher’s Weekly says:
“Wilkins (Trust with Hearts) has created a wonderfully sweet romance. The fantastic tension between the two characters as they grapple with their sudden newlywed status and the awkwardness that comes with marrying a perfect stranger keeps this story emotional and realistic as they fall in love. The story flows nicely and does not rush the romance. Wilkins keeps readers interested with strong, complex characters. Fans of pioneer romances will enjoy this one.”


Long & Short Romances says:
4 Stars! This book has the potential to be made into a movie. This book took over my life. I ignored everyone and everything. Nothing was going to interrupt my time with Luther. Loving a Wild Stranger reminded me of the 1970s T.V. show, “Grizzly Adams” – one of my favorite childhood television shows.

Luther was very kind, gentle, sweet yet strong, dependable, honest, and brave. The chemistry between Luther and Michele was definitely tangible. The writing style made the entire book come to life as if I were there. The plot was really great. There was some suspense threaded throughout the book pertaining to Michele’s past that had a lot to do with me not being able to put the book down. It was clever how Ms. Wilkins incorporated many plot threads and weaved them all together.

I recommend this book and will be keeping it on my keeper shelf. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the story. I would love to switch places with Michele and spend the rest of my days with Luther if I could. I would recommend scheduling a camping vacation and reading Loving a Wild Stranger while relaxing by a lake! - Long and Short Reviews


Order the book here:




Did you know? Kelli made genre-specific Facebook pages for her romances. She’s posting book blurbs, links to blogs, excerpts, and whatever else that comes to mind. Please like, forward, and share the pages with your social media friends!




Kelli’s been blogging like mad!
Catch up on her latest guest blogs & interviews here:




Don’t miss Kelli’s interview with Coffeetime Romance: http://coffeetimeromance.com/interviews/interview-with-author-kelli-a-wilkins/

Read about the making of Four Days with Jack. Post includes an exclusive excerpt: http://joyfullyjay.com/2017/06/cover-reveal-excerpt-guest-post-four-days-with-jack-by-kelli-a-wilkins/





Get ready for a hot summer romance with Confessions of a Vampire’s Lover:

Read about the making of A Deceptive Match - Kelli's sizzling summer romance set in the world of professional wrestling: http://kelliwilkinsauthor.blogspot.com/2017/07/summer-romance-rewind-deceptive-match.html 


Kelli’s Corner
This month, I’m sharing a few writing-related Q & A.

What is the best thing about being a writer?
Being a writer is a lot of work, but one of the things I like best about it is the fact that I’ve created all of these characters and stories. These books and short stories came through me from out of nowhere and now readers can enjoy them. It’s strange to think about, but before I came along, none of these fictional people existed!

Have you ever considered quitting writing, and if so how have you worked through this?
Yes, lots of times! Every so often, when I’m really burned out from writing, revising, and promoting, I wonder why I bother. When that happens I know I need a break. I take a month off from writing and catch up on my reading, or just do nothing for a while and recharge. Before long, I have the urge to write something new or start working on an existing project again.

What does a typical writing day look like for you?
I don’t have a typical day. Each day varies depending on what I’m doing. If I’m writing a new book, I’ll devote most of my writing time to that, and maybe do a little social media promotions. Sometimes I’ll spend my writing time working on revisions or editing/proofreading a book, and other times I send out review requests, answer interview questions, post to social media, or write blogs.

Do you suffer from writer's block, and if so, how do you overcome it?
No. Occasionally I suffer from writer’s procrastination, though. Basically that’s when my brain says “enough!” and goes on strike when I’m supposed to be editing or revising a book. Usually this happens when I’m overloaded and trying to do too much. To counteract it, I take a break and let my mind recharge and rest. I go for walks, exercise, read something I didn’t write, or watch TV. After a day or so, I’m ready to get back to work.

Do you ever think of the next book while writing?
Yes. I’ve been known to have three books in my head at the same time. I’ve been in the middle of writing a new book, revising a draft, and then an entire new book came to me. When that happens, I stop what I’m doing, outline the new book (so I won’t forget anything about it) then continue on with what I was doing. I’m always thinking about/plotting a story, developing a character, or working out different ideas/scenarios. I don’t have to wait for inspiration to strike, because it’s already there.


I hope you enjoyed this issue of the Quill. Please share it with your social media friends. I welcome feedback and questions from readers, so drop me a line with your comments. 

Here’s a list of where you can find me on social media:

Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/HVQqb


Enjoy the rest of summer! 

Kelli


No comments:

Post a Comment