Sunday, December 2, 2012

2 Nights of Delights & Blog Contest Details




Hi everyone!

My blog contest starts today (Dec. 2) and runs through Dec. 22, 2012. To be entered to win a PDF copy of my fantasy novella, A MidsummerNight’s Delights, all you need to do is sign up and follow my blog: http://kelliwilkinsauthor.blogspot.com/. If you’re already following my blog, or would like to double your entries, comment on this blog post and increase your chances of winning.

This post is centered on two of my Amber Quill Press fantasy romances, A Midsummer Night’s Delights and A Midwinter Night’s Delights.

A Midsummer Night’s Delights introduced readers to repressed newlyweds, Julian and Annabelle. They were strangers trapped in an arranged, sexless marriage. To loosen them up, Julian’s father sends them to the Marquis of Demby’s estate to attend a Midsummer Ball. (And this type of ball isn’t for dancing!)

Julian and Annabelle meet the Marquis, Vincent, and his wife, Sabrina. Over the course of their visit, they learn how to open up and explore their sexuality. When they attend the Midsummer Ball, they shed their inhibitions while indulging in their wildest fantasies.

A Midwinter Night’s Delights picks up six months after the first book. (If you haven’t read the first story, that’s okay – each novella stands alone as an individual read. And yes, this book is just as hot – if not hotter – than the first one!)

In the sequel, we discover that Annabelle and Julian have taken what they’ve learned and gone wild. Ever since the summer ball, they have been overindulging in all sorts of lewd activities. Instead of being shy and repressed, they are more than eager to give in to their desires whenever (and wherever) the mood strikes – even if it’s at a formal dinner party. Needless to say, Julian’s father sends them back to Vincent’s estate to be disciplined and learn self-control.

A Midwinter Night’s Delights is more intense than the first book. From the outset, readers know that Julian and Annabelle are being disciplined – but it’s all for their own good. I sprinkled in some B/D/S/M throughout the story (and at the ball) to make things interesting. It was fun to explore a different side to the games that take place at the estate house and watch how the characters reacted as they received their ‘punishments’ throughout the book.

After the release of A Midsummer Night’s Delights, some readers asked for prequel – they wanted to know how Vincent and Sabrina met and what their history entailed. I gave readers what they wanted. In A MidwinterNight’s Delights, Sabrina tells Annabelle how she met Vincent and how they got involved in their naughty games.

So, will there be a third book? Maybe. And that’s the point of this blog! I want to know what readers think. Should I write a final chapter in the saga? Would you like to read more about these characters? If so, what would you like to see happen in the story? More same-sex encounters? S&M? A change of setting? Have Lono and Lobo (two new characters I introduced) unmask and share their own backstory? The possibilities are endless!

Add your comments to this blog and I’ll pick a contest winner on Dec. 23rd. (Be sure your profile or comment includes an email address so I can contact you.)

Hot excerpts and reviews are on the books’ buy pages and on my website: www.KelliWilkins.com

Happy Reading!

Until next time,

Kelli

 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like perfect stories for heating up the winter.
    I follow through GFC
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for the comment on my blog. Most of my romances are hot & spicy - perfect reading for cold nights! If you haven't seen my new site yet, check it out - all of my romances have pages with excerpts and reviews.
      Kelli A. Wilkins
      www.KelliWilkins.com

      Delete
  2. I love finding new authors and books. Cant wait to start reading your books.
    lauratroxel@yahoo.com
    I follow you on networkblogs and email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for visiting my blog. I have 15 romances in all genres: contemporary, paranormal, gay, historical, and fantasy. They all vary in heat levels from mild to super-spicy. If you haven't seen my new site yet, check it out - all of my romances have pages with excerpts and reviews.
      Kelli A. Wilkins
      www.KelliWilkins.com

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this...putting on my tbr list

    josiehink122026(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! In the spirit of giving, everyone who entered the contest will win a copy of "A Midsummer Night's Delights".

    After reading this book, check out the sequel "A Midwinter Night's Delights", and let me know if you'd like to see a third book finishing off the series.

    Happy Reading!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete