Monday, November 15, 2010

A Month of Fantasy Romances – Part 3 – The Pauper Prince



Hello everyone!

This is the third (and final) inside look at my Amber Quill Press “Royal Desires” trilogy, which includes A Most Unusual Princess, Dalton’s Temptation, and The Pauper Prince. Overall, the three stories make up a sensual series, but each book can stand on its own as an individual read.

When I was writing Dalton’s Temptation, I introduced readers to Prince Allan. He’s basically the male version of his sister, Princess Elara – hedonistic, selfish, and utterly wild at times. I enjoyed creating the character – it was fun to set him free in a pleasure palace completely without limitations. Before I finished Dalton’s Temptation, I knew Allan needed a book of his own, so I wrote The Pauper Prince.

As I was writing, I decided to take this carefree, rougish prince and turn his world upside down. At the start of the book Allan is banished for his actions stemming from Dalton’s Temptation. He is sent out into the real world alone and broke, forced to make his way and learn his lessons.

Here’s the full synopsis:

The Pauper Prince

This time it’s all about Allan…and he never expected to fall in love!

Banished by the Royal Family, pampered Prince Allan is forced to abandon his life of luxury. Lost in a commoner’s world, Allan is miserable—until he has an unusual encounter with a shop girl named Claudette.

Allan must earn the respect of the woman he loves while keeping his true identity a secret. In a final effort to redeem himself, he exposes a dangerous smuggling operation involving the Royal Fleet—at a deadly price. Can he keep Claudette and his royal title? Or will he lose her forever when she discovers his shocking secret?


Over the course of the book, Allan suffers life’s lessons at the hands of his evil employer and falls in love—twice. The story introduces us to Claudette, a seamstress who fancies Allan and helps him adjust to the life of a commoner. Although Claudette appears innocent, she has a secret past and a bit of a naughty side.

Although The Pauper Prince has a happy ending, it is a bit darker than the other two books in the series. I wanted to contrast Allan’s easy-going pampered life with his new, harsh and gritty existence. (And it broke my heart to kill of a secondary character that I utterly adored.) Readers may also be surprised to discover a few things about Allan, as well. (I don’t want to give away the secret).

But what about Dalton and Elara? They’re in the book too, as minor characters. Elara and Dalton play important roles in the finale of the story, and we get to see how these lovebirds are adapting to their married life. (Again, there’s a secret I don’t want to give away!)

Readers and reviewers loved the book and the trilogy as a whole. Here are a few kind words:

“Kelli A. Wilkins finishes her trilogy of books, which started with A Most Unusual Princess and Dalton’s Temptation, with a bang. The Pauper Prince is a riveting tale, and it is a must read for anyone who enjoys fantasy Romance. It is stuffed full of action, love, excitement, sedition, and scurvy characters that are set to make our prince’s life miserable in the extreme if he lets them. Skillful crafting allows the reader to slip under the spell of Allan and live his every ache, pain, and triumph. The Pauper Prince is a real must read, and in case you haven’t read the others, I would suggest you get A Most Unusual Princess and Dalton’s Temptation, too. Kelli has definitely written a trio of must buys for Amber Quill!!!” - Rose, Reviewer, Romance at Heart


“5 Coffee Cups! I honestly started out not knowing if I would like this book or not and then found myself glued to the pages, unable to stop reading until I had read the final page. All I can say now is WOW! The Pauper Prince is a real page-turner! There is non-stop action and mayhem from the very first page. The characters are spirited and so realistic that you find yourself relating to them very easily. The love scenes are highly erotic, but tender and emotion filled as well. This is one book that I have no problem giving my highest rating, and I highly recommend it to everyone!” - Regina, Reviewer, Coffee Time Romance


“4.5 Nymphs! What a story Kelli A. Wilkins has written with The Pauper Prince! So much mystery surroundimg Allan… The twists and turns throughout the book will keep you reading to make sure everyone involved survives their adventures. These characters came to life for me and I was fascinated by Allan’s persistence to survive everything that happens to him… With all the other surprises in the book, you will not be bored reading this one and it is definitely not one to put down for long!” - Goddess Minx, Literary Nymphs Reviews Only

I hope you’ll check out one (or all) of the books in the series. They’re a fun read with a blend of sex, humor, and suspense. If you’ve read the trilogy, let me know what you think! What was your favorite book? Which scenes did you like best? Readers can contact me via the form on the “News” page of my site: www.KelliWilkins.com

Next week, I’ll share a bit about my three-book fantasy anthology, Naughty Nobles.

Happy Reading!

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment